Hair is dead the moment it pushes out through the skin, but each hair follicle still produces natural oil to protect and coat the hair shaft. Our hair need oil to keep healthy as the oil (sebum) coats the outer cuticle and strengthens the inner core by providing moisture to help keep the hair shaft strong. As each individual produces different amounts of oil, hair oils come into play here to replicate and supplement the natural oils already present in each person’s scalp. Here are 6 reasons why we need to apply hair oil.
1) Hair oils are particularly useful for individuals with dry or tight scalps that lack moisture. In this case, the oils allow for a nice, natural shine, especially for those with coarser, textured, or curly hair.
2) The moisturizing effects of hair oils can benefit chemically treated or processed hair, which are often dry and possibly damaged (splits ends!).
3) Even if you have very fine, straight hair, and untreated hair, using hair oil is a fantastic way to strengthen and protect your hair, and keep it healthy and silky.
4) It can be used to style your hair for example it smooths out frizziness for a silkier and healthier look.
5) It can be used to protect the hair from the heat that comes from styling tools.
6) Most hair oils are fragranced by either synthetic fragrances or natural essential oils, so applying hair oils is a way of scenting the hair.
So, hair oil – does your hair really need it? Yes!
Which hair oil is the best?
Not all hair oils are the same. Even though there is a hair oil out there for each hair type, we strongly believe that organic cold pressed plant-based hair oil which is scented with organic essentials, far supersedes the conventional ones, which is often laden with silicone or petroleum derived ingredients and synthetic fragrances. So try to opt for plant-based ( preferably organic cold-pressed ) hair oil as this type contains loads of phytonutrients (omegas 3/6/9 plus vitamins A, E, and C) which is able to nourish, protect, and repair your hair, making it stronger, healthier, and silkier.
Comments will be approved before showing up.