SAY Clean Beauty Standards
Our Clean Beauty Standards rest on 3 Pillars:
Accountability: We adhere to the standards established by Beauty Heroes and Credo Clean Standard, and we avoid ingredients listed under ‘the Dirty Dozen’ (view the list here: https://davidsuzuki.org/queen-of-green/dirty-dozen-cosmetic-chemicals-avoid/).
Transparency: We provide full disclosure of ingredients used and percentages of natural and certified organic raw ingredients on our product labels.
Education: We educate our customers on the importance of being conscious of what they apply on their skin and hair, as well as being well-informed on how certain ingredients might affect the environment.
Included below is a list of ingredients that we do not include in our product ranges:
- Petroleum-derived ingredients (e.g. any forms of glycols, petrolatum)
- Mineral Oils
- Silicones (and its derivatives)
- Ethoxylated Ingredients (such as PEGs)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Thickeners (eg carbomer, acrylates)
- Chelator: Diethanolamine (DEA) and Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid Tetrasodium (EDTA)
- GMO Ingredients
- Animal-Derived Ingredients
- Cosmetic Preservatives (e.g. parabens, phenoxyethanol, and formaldehyde donors such as DMDM hydantoin)