SAY Clean Beauty Standards
Our Clean Beauty Standards sits on 3 Pillars:
Accountability: We follow the clean standards established by the Credo Clean Standard https://credobeauty.com/pages/the-credo-clean-standard)We further avoid ingredients listed as ‘the Dirty Dozen’ https://davidsuzuki.org/queen-of-green/dirty-dozen-cosmetic-chemicals-avoid/)
Transparency : full disclosure of ingredients and percentages of natural and certified organic raw ingredients will be listed clearly on our labels.
Education: to educate our customers to be conscious of what they apply on their skin and hair, and be well informed of how certain ingredients might be harmful to their bodies and affect the environment.
With the current misleading claims and greenwashing in beauty care products, Sage and Ylang purposes to make clear what we mean when we say that our products are natural/organic. To ensure transparency, percentages of natural and certified organic raw ingredients will be listed on our labels.
Even though the majority of our raw ingredients are certified organic, however, currently, our full range is not certified organic. We are definitely considering this path in the near future.
Here are the ingredients you can't find in our range:
- Petroleum-derived ingredients (eg any forms of glycols, petrolatum)
- Mineral Oils (eg paraffinum liquidum)
- Silicones and its derivaties (eg dimethicone)
- Ethoxylated ingredients such as PEGs
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
- Synthetic fragrances
- Synthetic thickener (eg carbomer, acrylates)
- Diethanolaine (DEA)
- Animal-derived ingredients
- Cosmetic preservatives such as parabens, phenoxyethanol, and formaldehyde donors e.g. DMDM hydantoin.