Being environment-conscious is important. We all know that, and hopefully, we are all striving to be the most environment-conscious versions of ourselves as possible.
But…there are some commonly missed daily habits that cause detriment to the environment. These habits are often overlooked because they seem too insignificant to be addressed, but they are important all the same. Here they are:
- Using single use products (e.g. disposable make up wipes, cotton squares, etc)
- Not recycling your empties. Throwing your empty bottles into the bin is a small action that has big consequences!
- Changing products too often
- Not buying from sustainable brands
If you find yourself identifying with any of the habits listed above, don’t fret! I was guilty of them too. What’s most important is how you overcome them. Here are 4 tips to help you turn your bad habits into good ones!
- Use washable and reusable cotton squares or wipes. Not only will you be doing a huge favor for the environment, but you also won’t have to restock as often.
- Find out how to recycle empty product bottles. The brand of the product should provide information on how to do so, if they support this action. (Check out our #SAYreuseinitiative program!)
- Don’t be a serial beauty dater! Start to stream line your skincare regime. (Check SAY 3 Simple Skincare Steps)
- Start supporting sustainable brands
Good luck on your journey to become a more environmentally-conscious consumer, and remember that you can drop us any questions, any time, on any of our social media platforms 🙂